Sunday, May 1, 2011

Full swing


Well, it finally happened! I honestly never thought that we would get our back corner cleaned up. Not only is it cleaned up, but it has two beautiful beds in it and one that is almost fully planted.




It took me a while to figure out my planting configuration and I'm only just starting to look into crop rotation once my first set of veggies are harvested.

In the front box I have:
48 green onions
27 red onions
22 spanish onions
9 bush bean plants
2 red leaf lettuces
27 spinach plants
32 mesclun blend salad greens
32 arugula plants
1 green zuchinni vining plant

and room for 2 tomato bushes and 27 more bean bushes.

And I still have the back bed to fill plus a smaller but deeper side bed that the boys are putting together.



It was a lot of work, but we had a lot of help and the kids did a great job shoveling and moving over a yard of the soil mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment